Processing times tell you how long you can expect it will take us to process an application under normal circumstances.
A processing time starts the day we receive an application and ends when we make a decision. If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom. If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application.
Various factors can affect the processing time including:
- the type of application submitted
- if the application is complete
- how quickly we process applications we’ve already received
- how easily we can verify your information
- how long you take to respond to any request or concerns
- other factors
We have an explanation below each processing time for how it’s calculated.
See, “how are processing times calculated?”