Current undertaking: Refers to the sponsorship application you are currently preparing.
Previous undertakings: Refers to sponsorship applications you are or were involved with, either as a sponsor or co-signer, where the applicants were granted permanent residence as a result of the application.
Applications that were returned, rejected or never submitted are not considered as “previous undertakings”.
Undertaking still in effect:
- The sponsorship application was approved,
- the persons you sponsored or co-signed for became permanent residents as a result of the sponsorship application, and
- The undertaking has not yet expired.
Undertaking not yet in effect:
- You are in the process of submitting another sponsorship application or a sponsorship application you submitted is being processed,
- The persons you are sponsoring are not yet permanent residents,
- Depending on the decision on your application, you might become financially responsible for the persons included in the sponsorship.