To avoid a refusal or delays, make sure that you:
- properly fill out and sign all the application form(s),
- include all documents listed on the Document Checklist,
- pay your fees and include your receipt with your application, and
- pay the right of permanent residence fee of C$490 upfront, or as soon as you get a letter asking you to do so.
After you apply:
- Depending on your application type, you can link your paper application to your online account. This way, you can get up-to-date information about your application status. See which application types you link.
- Keep your contact information up to date. If we need more information, we will contact you.
- Use this Web form to report changes, such as births, marriages, or changes in employment.
- If we need more information or documents from you, answer quickly and follow the instructions we give you.