You can submit your application without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) if your work permit expires within 2 weeks. You must include proof that the LMIA or CAQ request was made.
- include a copy of the application sent to Employment and Social Development Canada/Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion, or
- include a copy of the receipt confirmation number, if the request was made online, or
- indicate, in the section Details of Intended Work in Canada of the work permit application:
- the date the LMIA/CAQ request was sent,
- the office it was sent to,
- the employer’s name, and
- the confirmation number for the submission, if available.
You must contact our Client Support Centre with the LMIA or CAQ confirmation number within 2 months of the date your application was received; otherwise, your application could be refused.
Note: If you are waiting for your CAQ, you cannot submit your application online. You must submit a paper application.