Your responsibilities as an employer include to:
- make sure that the temporary workers have their work permit;
- make sure that the temporary workers follow the conditions and time limits outlined on their work permit;
- meet your commitments to the temporary workers regarding wages, working conditions and the occupation that was listed in the offer of employment or Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA);
- comply with provincial, territorial or federal employment laws;
- ensure that your business remains active during the period of the work permit validity;
- make reasonable efforts to provide a workplace free of abuse; and
- help the temporary workers obtain the correct identification and documents (for example, social insurance number and medical documents).