You can hire a representative or an agent to help with your application. The representative or agent must be either:
- a lawyer or paralegal who is a member in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society, or
- a notary who is a member in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec, or
- an immigration consultant who is a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council
Find out more about who can represent you.
Due to privacy laws, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada cannot discuss your application with someone else without your written permission. If you want a representative or an agent to help you, you must fill out two forms:
- Use of a Representative (IMM 5476); and
- Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475).