A third-party test is a test done by an organization that isn’t Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We accept third-party test results as proof of your language ability from organizations including:
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program:
- International English Language Testing System General training (IELTS - General)
- Test d'Évaluation de Français (TEF) (in French)
We will accept tests that you previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec, including:
- Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) (in French)
- Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF) (in French)
- Test de connaissance du français (TCF)
- Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ)
We don’t accept any other third-party test results, even if they’re similar.
Visit each organization’s website to learn how to write the exams. Since we don’t run them, we don’t track when and where they’re offered.
In some cases, you may send test results that you already sent to us or the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI). We’ll accept the test results that you sent with your application for:
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Canadian Experience Class
- Quebec-selected Skilled Worker