The Canadian Experience Class is for people who already have skilled work experience in Canada.
You are not eligible for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class if you gained your work experience:
- without the proper authorization (for example, illegally, working without a visa),
- in a job not classified as skill type 0, or skill level A or B according to the National Occupational Classification,
- while you were self-employed, or
- while on a student work permit (co-op, off-campus, or on-campus).
You also must not:
- have less than one year of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada, or
- plan to live in Quebec.
Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.