Yes. You can apply for a study permit through the Student Direct Stream if you want to take English or French language or prerequisite classes.
We’ll only process your study permit through this faster stream if you meet all the eligibility requirements. If you don’t, we’ll review it as a regular study permit. You won’t get faster processing if this happens.
If you’re taking classes required to get into a longer study program
If you have a conditional letter of acceptance or are taking a prerequisite class or bridging program:
- your class must be at least 6 months long
- your letter of acceptance must identify your class or program as being a prerequisite or bridging program, and
- your main study program must:
- lead to a degree, diploma or certificate, and
- be at least 6 months long